Saturday, February 10, 2007

Why?

Quite often, I receive these cute little emails talking about the things boys do. As I read down the list of things, I often hear myself saying..yep, one of our boys has done that and then as I read on, oh, mercy...I hope they don't do that.

As I was cooking dinner tonight, I went to put the milk back in the fridge. From behind me I heard a little cry. I turned around to find Ryan jumping up and down, yelping that his tongue hurt. I asked him what happened and he replied with.....I licked the pan with my tongue. It took a moment for that to sink in and then I realized that the sucker was going full force on the burner. I grabbed some ice and put it into the cup for him to rest his tongue on.

The only question that keeps running through my mind this evening as the whimpering continues is this: What ever possess a boy like Ryan to give that one a try???

1 comment:

HISchild said...

OUCH! My tongue hurts just thinking about it!