Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Prayer Request

I can't even begin to properly express all the emotions you go through when someone you care about is hit with health complications. It's freaky. You want to help them ease through that somehow but you can't.....you feel helpless. You watch them as they decline and wait. You pray your heart out and plead with God to spare them....to heal them. We are believing and trusting in God's will. That can be incredibly tough even for the most dedicated Christian. We so desperately want God's will to be done but at the same time we so desperately want things like this to go away. You have put your trust in God's hands and leave it there. I struggle with that. I want to be able to do something about it. Obviously, God's still working with me on that.

My brother-in-law has been fighting non-hodgkin's lymphoma for several years. He ended up having a bone marrow transplant and that literally saved his life. However, those cute little drugs they gave him killed his spleen which makes him very susceptible to everything.

Right now, he's on a ventilator, a feeding tube, a chest tube inserted to drain off fluids from his lungs and is heavily sedated. He was diagnosed with Staph A pneumonia. He is fighting for his life again. He's been this way for three weeks with very, very little improvement.

My sister-in-law is eight months pregnant, has had to take a leave of absence from work, drop out of this semester's classes at college just to try to take care of her children and husband.

In the midst of this, Dave and Pam both have managed to continue to reach out to their family, friends and community. I am amazed at Dave's, 'life is great' attitude. You truly can see God's hand on his life.

If you could take a moment to lift them up in prayer, I would be so grateful.

2 comments:

HISchild said...

God cured my friend of non-Hodgkins several years ago. If HE did it for her, HE can do it for Dave.

I struggle too, with that question of "Will HE choose to heal the situation the way I think HE should?"

Praying,

Ellen

momwithbrownies said...

I lift him and all his family and yours in my prayers.

Shelly