Saturday, November 08, 2008

He is ALIVE

Some of you may be wondering what is going on. I've had people, my friends, ask. I will tell you as I feel it's public knowledge now and God has removed the feeling to keep quiet.

Our house went into foreclosure yesterday, the sheriff sale was at 10:00. We have lost just about everything and I am praying our car is not next but it might be. The thing is this....God is faithful! I've had people tell me they are afraid to read my blog for fear that something else horrible has happened. Please don't feel that way! God...is...faithful!

He has shown us in so many ways, ways that are so unimaginable that he loves us. Ways that shout that He is taking care of us as He has promised to do! Even though, this situation seems desperate and scary, God has given us a measure of faith to live it. He has revealed so much to us that all I can do is praise Him, worship Him and give Him glory. I seriously wouldn't want to give up what good has come out of this!

I have been awoken from my slumbering sleep. I can no longer say that I do not know of God's love, for He has given me the opportunity to know Him intimately. James 4:8 says, Draw close to God and God will draw close to you. I've read that many times before but have a new understanding of it! When we seek the Lord, He seeks us! He reveals things that He has intended for you that you haven't been able to receive because you weren't ready yet. I'm not talking about material things. I am talking about the joy unspeakable, the uncontainable love that only being close to the Lord God Almighty can reveal.

I encourage you to seek His face, dig in, saturate yourself with His word! His word is ALIVE! It is powerful and it reveals who God is! If you want to know Him, you've got to pursue Him. He is standing there waiting for you to come unto Him! He wants to bless you, pour out His glory on you, and to reveal the unimaginable.

A couple of my friends think I've lost my mind, but I am praising God for yesterday. Just as it is with God, He is not bound by a piece of paper that has foreclosure written all over it or by what man says. He is the Creator of you and me, He is the one who owns the depths of the earth and the mightiest mountains. He is not bound by the things of this earth....He is the Lord God Almighty!

I do not know what God has in store for us but I do know that He has promised to take care of it! I know that he cares deeply about the pain that we are going through and that He is going to return the years taken by the locust. I know that He turns things out for our good and His glory and that He never leaves you in the desert. If I believe, which I do, that God has ordained my life and my steps, then nothing takes Him by surprise and I have to trust Him.

I do not like to be in agony and to be wondering why but God knows why and He promises to care for us. I surrender all that I am, I was and ever will be to Him. I feel Him on the move and I cannot wait until He reveals His plan to us. I know that we have been faithful to Him and He will honor that so I can honestly look forward to His care and provision.

His word to me today is this: Acts 18:9, Don't be afraid! Speak Out! Don't be silent! For I am with you, and no one will harm you because many people here in this city belong to me! I believe God is stirring up a fire in His children. We must not be silent! I will not be silent. I will continue to give a joyous shout about God's faithfulness, His love, all the things He lays on my heart. His word is full of His beauty, He is ALIVE and as my husband says, He is not a tame lion!

7 comments:

HISchild said...

I have been feeling the same way lately. We are not quite in your spot yet.

I KNOW that GOD has everything under control.

Kasia said...

Came here from Dale Price's blog, and will be praying for you.

Your husband is right: He is not a tame lion.

Hugs (yes, from a perfect stranger, but a sister in Christ),
K.

Peanut Butter Kisses said...

Thank you ALL for your love and support! It's that unity in the body of Christ that helps all of us stay the course and to keep our eyes on our Lord. We are so blessed to have all of you as friends, as brothers and sisters in Christ.

I couldn't believe my 'inbox' today...you guys are so awesome! I pray that we all would be such an encouragement to those around us as we are not the only ones struggling, our whole nation is.

Ellen, if you need anything, we are there! We don't have much but we would love to share what we have. Please know we are praying for you guys. He is faithful to provide!

Kasia, I'm glad to 'meet' you! Thanks for your kind words and for your prayers!

Hugs,
-Heather

Anonymous said...

Hi. You don't know me - I also came over from Dales blog - but I am praying for all of you. This is devestating - in some ways but it looks like you already know that it's not devestating in other ways. Amazing how God's grace can be known through the "sorrowful mysteries" that play out in our lives. We went through something similar about five years ago and it was hard. Really hard. But, then I look back and I can see that sooo many good things - God-in-our-life sort of things happened to us because of finacial hardships. For one thing, it's good to have that chapter closed and the dread over with... and, for another, there are few better way to learn humiltiy and detatchment. :)
God bless you.

In Chirst,
Mary
http://www.brokenalabaster.com

Charlotte said...

Praying and praising for God's faithfulness, we got a notice in August putting us in the same situation except we knew it was coming and moved into a mobile home a bit further north before hand.
Have been reading for a long time, got it off of the homeschool list, will continute to pray for and praise God through his provisions for your family.
Charlotte

FreeStyleMama - Diana said...

I found you via Shelly's blog. God's blessing on you during this difficult time!

Ellyn said...

Will be keeping you all in my prayers.

(If I say "I know how it is" it's because I really know how it is. And, as others have mentioned, once you're looking at it all from 'the other side,' you do see how many tremendous blessings there are.)