Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Custard, Whipped or Fruit-filled?

As I was 'schooling' my children today, my thoughts wondered back to yesterday....

We had taken yet another trip to the grocery store. This is not a task that I fully enjoy especially if I have help so I have taken it upon myself to make a 'one kid rule'. As we zoomed up and down the isles trying to fill our cart full of wonderful things to eat, I thought to myself....I am so glad that I live in a country with so many wonderful choices. However, I also thought to myself, that it becomes a difficult task when having to decide between so many choices when one is...hungry!

As we entered the dairy isle, I stopped at the yogurt section. My husband and children love yogurt so that is a must on my list. If I come home without it....I might as well just get back in the car and revisit the grocery store. Upon making my selection, I realized that I had to cover all our areas of desire. I must get the custard kind for the kids because if we can taste the fruit on our tongue then it must be healthy and they won't eat it, custard is acceptable perhaps because it is like pudding. Then we have the whipped kind for me. I like the fruit and am not adverse to healthy treats but it kind of reminds me of dessert...not too yogurt-like but still is yogurt. However, I must put a disclaimer in here.....yogurt and chocolate or caramel are definitely a no-go! {whisper}...it's still yogurt. Then we must buy the fruit-filled kind for my husband. He loves fruit and that is what he likes.

A woman, also trying to fill her shopping cart up with all kinds of yummies, stopped me at the yogurt isle to explain the differences of each kind. She, also, wanted to make sure she got the ones her family would eat and didn't want to come home having made a horrible mistake. After explaining to her the many differences, she selected her choices and off she went with a smile on her face that told everyone that today her purchases would be well received at home.

So my question to you all is this....

How do you prefer your yogurt? Custard, Whipped or Fruit-filled?

1 comment:

momwithbrownies said...

Okay, After long deliberation and anguish I have made a decision....I vote custard! :-)