Wednesday, September 06, 2006

On The Second Day Of School...My Five Children Gave To Me....

It all began at 6:40 a.m., the cute little cooing that comes from a four month old. As I lay there listening to her sing-song like chatter, I looked over at the clock and slammed the pillow over my head. Not yet...please don't be all cute and cuddly before 7:00 I thought to myself. At that time of morning that cute chatter sounds like yapping to me. Please just 20 more minutes I beg her. After laying there a bit longer realizing I couldn't breathe underneath the pillow, I lowered it just enough to get more oxygen and then it happened...those cute little sparkling eyes looking at me with the biggest smile you ever can imagine. Oh shoot, I thought to myself. I am hooked, I've got to respond to her longing look of I know you...you are my Mama! So begins my morning...a bit earlier than I wanted but adventure awaits.....

I can only explain what happens next in the toon of...'The Twelve Days of Christmas'. Won't you sing along with me?

On the second day of school, my five kids gave to me....

one yapping baby


two papers glued to the wall and floor


three million flying legos

four stolen glue sticks by a little boy named Aaron

five screaming kids.......

six sounds of tools clinking while two kids are trying to take apart Grace's new bike

seven alphabet letters reprinted


eight no, mama do it's!












nine, I'm losing it's











ten hours of science with Grace


eleven poopy diapers

12...pencil boxes emptied all over the livingroom floor



If the song had a second verse with the numbers
thirteen, fourteen and fifteen, they might sound something like this...

13 ice skating lessons that resemble a mother slipping across the floor falling into the playpen straining her wrist and ankle

14 fingerprints made of toothpaste on the ceiling, wall and floor

15 puddles of red kool-aid all over kitchen table and floor

My song has finally come to an end but only because my five children have fallen into a deep slumber in their beds (no, I didn't give them benadryl.) My synopsis for a day like this.....

It's a VENTI kind of day!

1 comment:

momwithbrownies said...

I'm crazy addicted to your blog! I now know that I am not alone in the world of homeschool clutter and happy, curious kids. :-)