Saturday, February 09, 2008

Growing Up...


Each one of my children has a strong will. With five, I thought my chances of having at least one that would be somewhat easy-going, pliable or even flexible with the flow of life wouldn't be too far fetched. But as I sit here and think about it, they just get stronger and stronger right on down the line. Makes me think that one should seriously consider our next move on adding or not to add another little peanut to our household.

Our youngest has found the love of dressing or undressing herself, putting shoes on and taking them off. She's done this for quite some time but has always been willing to allow help when she gets in a pickle or should I say tangled in the shirt.

She loves to change her clothes fifty times a day and is not at all concerned whether they came from her drawer or from the dirty clothes basket. It doesn't even have to be hers. She loves to put on whatever she finds.

After breakfast the other day, I got her clothes out to put on her. I was met with a very cute pouty face. I can only assume it was because she was not at all happy that I had taken her shirt off and was wanting to help her put the clean one on. So I let her be while I sat and watched.

She finished taking off the rest of her pajama's and began putting on her clothes for the new day. It was all I could do to keep my hands from helping her when she was struggling and struggling to get her shirt on. You know, it's difficult to get your arms in the right holes....and it's even more challenging to get it on so the cute little bunny that is suppose to be on the front is indeed on the front.

Then she went to the pants. She put them on and took them off four times and yet, her cute little legs would only go together in one side of the pants. Visualize a little toddler with her little pink bunny shirt on backwards with her legs in one pant leg trying to walk over to me. She still wouldn't let me help her. Out comes her pointy finger along with the words, no, no, no. She decided that she was fine with the shirt but got frustrated with the whole pants thing. She wasn't going to give in and let me help though. She would just have to do without pants and off she scampered to play.....happy to be so independent.

No comments: