Thursday, February 21, 2008

Just What Do You All Think You Are Doing????

The phone has been an issue for me since I started having kids. Why is it that when a parent gets on the phone, the children have to be very, very loud, have every emergency under the sun that needs your immediate attention or does things that they clearly know is a no, no!

It's even more imperative that the children be somewhat quiet now since we are also trying to run a business out of our home. Now, I ask you and I ask my children, is there any way that loud growly noises and loud screaming sounds emit professionalism in any way? And really, do they have to do it just at that moment when a customer calls or my beloved is on the phone? How do they get such perfect timing to line up so perfectly?

The rule is:

If the phone is ringing or there is a parent on it, children must remain quiet at all times unless someone is unconscious, bleeding or a bone is broken. Other than that, lips must be kept together so that no noise comes out or at least, if noise should escape it must not interrupt parents.

How funny is that? Do you really think that happens in my home? Not very often but we are working on it. So today, husband was on the phone, seven children decided at that moment to yell, scream, laugh loudly, growl and use high-pitched sing-songy voices so much so that parent number one could not hear customer on phone. So parent number two stepped in and took care of the situation:

Yep! That's them....all seven of them lined up with their noses on the door. Notice the youngest one...she's a bit rebellious. Who said she could peek when her nose is suppose to be elsewhere??!!

5 comments:

HISchild said...

It must be contagious! It happened at my house today too!

Isn't it fun!!

;)

Wendy said...

The rebel child is so funny!! I have one of those, too.
My kids are *supposed* to put their hand on my arm if they need something and I'm on the phone. Then I put my hand over theirs to show that I know they need me. And I break away as soon as I can. Now, this works fairly well with the older two kids, but my toddler just totally does not get it!! And, of course, the baby is gonna make whatever noise he wants whenever he wants to! ;-)

Peanut Butter Kisses said...

Yes...the rebel child. I do believe she thinks she runs this house. I give her a stern look and she returns my look with those sad little puppy dog eyes. Then, my heart melts and she knows it :-)

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you came over for a visit.

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS NOT FUNNY MOTHER!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.