Thursday, February 12, 2009

Just Precious

Recently, my mother in law brought over a beautiful new dress for our little Kara. She loves to wear dresses and loves to dance, sing and sparkle. So the dress was a perfect choice for her. After putting it on, she twirled about and declared that she WAS a princess! I truly think she believes that with all her heart.

One night we sat down to eat dinner. Kara clasped her hands and exclaimed in an excited voice, that is was time to do the 'dear Jesus'.

Many times Miss Kara gets up before I do. She likes to climb into bed with me and let me know that she's up. When I don't respond to her giggles, she grabs my eyelids and yanks them open. She says she needs to see my eyes. It is certainly an eye opening experience.

The most precious prayers that I have ever heard have come from my young children. Kara has especially taken a liking to being the one to pray. She folds her hands and thanks God for our food and then tells Him that she loves Him. I get tears in my eyes every time.

3 comments:

momwithbrownies said...

How beautiful. She has the most precious smile. :o)

Princess Kara has a nice ring to it. :o)

HISchild said...

The tear thing; me too!

That dress is adorable on her!

Anonymous said...

What a precious little girl! Children's prayers are great. I know they must touch God's heart in a special way, as they bring tears to our eyes!