Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My Secret Life....

Guess where I found myself at 11:20 p.m. last night?

(pause...)

At Gamestop. Is this where you were thinking I'd be?

I admit it; I am addicted to a certain online game and the expansion to it came out and was able to be picked up at 12:01 a.m. So my husband and I stood in line with so many other people of like-addiction. I must interject here, that it was an interesting crowd of people. Young and older; hip and no so hip; and the conversation was all centered around the game and what people were going to do when they loaded up the game when they got home.....me included.

I played some video games when I was a kid when my brother would allow us a few moments to actually touch the controller but I wasn't really drawn to it a whole lot. It wasn't until my dear husband introduced me to Command and Conquer which is a military type game where you build up your troops and your tanks and attack the bad guys that I found how very much I enjoyed playing. Then there was Halo for the Xbox. Are you noticing a theme here?

Then I found myself playing laser tag with some friends for a Mom's Night Out and loved it. Running around all stealthy like and shooting my targets was a thrill beyond belief. I can't wait until the laser tag night for us parents. Can you even imagine the thrill of that?

I've discovered something about myself. This fiesty, no-nonsense, spirited gal loves to get her big bad glowing daggers out and get in there and kick some gluteus maximus. It's a great way to relieve stress!

1 comment:

momwithbrownies said...

You totally kicked hiney too!

You may like Metal Gear #1.
Talk about stealth. There is a part in that game where you are fighting a mind-reader who can tell where you are going and how you will attack. I felt like a total genius when I finally figured out how to beat him! LOL