Friday, July 27, 2007

Photo Opportunities

My Mother mentioned to me recently that she did not have updated pictures of the kids. Hmmm...I thought to myself. I remember when I took the kids to the local Sears to get their pictures taken every three months when they were babies and then once a year. Then I found that it was becoming more stressful for me as we added more children to our family.

The kids would be running around the waiting room while I was in with the child that was currently getting their picture taken or they'd all be with me in the photo room and totally distracting the child that 'needed' to smile. Oh, and then there was those times when we were patiently waiting for our turn, only to find that our photographer was African-American and grumpy sending the child into a sobbing fit or we'd get a photographer that had so many piercings that it was hard to see their face. Can you get your kids to smile without a tear running down their cheek in those instances? Not me..so we'd end up having to reschedule. Ahhh...the memories.

Anybody that knows me, knows how much my camera means to me. I love to capture the natural moments and the kodak moments and all those in between. One day when I was going through some of those pictures, I realized there were some pretty cool shots of the kids. So from that day forward, I decided to use those cool shots of the kids to blow up to 8x10's for the Grandmas and relatives. It is so less stressful then trying to keep the kids clean while you quick hop in the car and get to the photo taking place before they get something on their new outfit you've been saving for just this moment only to find you can't get them to smile even if you stand on your head making quacking noises.

Of course, my new adventure is chasing a 14 month around trying to get a picture of her face so Grandma will be able to display it proudly amongst her growing collage. This is what I've got....



I'm tired! Maybe we'll try again tomorrow :-)

1 comment:

momwithbrownies said...

Look how pretty she is in that little outfit! Awwwwuh!!!

So Cute!