Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy 13

We recently celebrated Brad's 13th birthday. Ack! I'm a mother of a teenager. I knew it would happen one day but now that it's finally here staring at me in the face, it's a scary thing. Not only that but having a 13 year old and a 2 year old all at the same time, it's craziness. I'm always up for an adventure and I guess this would definitely be considered one.

Brad, Grandma and I went to Coney Island for dinner which is his most favorite restaurant other than somewhere where they have a buffet. Probably because there isn't a long line, you get lots of food (it's all about the food) for pretty cheap prices. We then headed over to the Coldstone Creamery for some delicious ice cream.

I also made him a Boston Cream Cake which he absolutely loves. How can you go wrong with pudding and chocolate ganache.

Brad is truly an amazing young person. His heart, his sensitivity to honoring God makes me so proud of him. One of his biggest fans is his little sister, Kara. She adores Brad. It's neat seeing those two playing together or snuggling on the couch.

Happy 13th, Brad. We pray that this year will be full of happy times and that it brings you closer to God. We love you, son!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! A teenager, wow! Thankfully, I'm still 3 years away from that milestone... LOL