Sunday, January 08, 2012

Happy New Year!

Can you believe it is already the beginning of a brand new year. Where did last year go, I ask myself? Seems like as you get older that time seems to go faster and faster. Maybe it's just me or maybe that is how it is.



We had a great Christmas season. Spent time making special treats, building a gingerbread house which the kids loved, enjoying our new home and the beautiful outdoors. There is something about the country and freshly fallen snow. It's beautiful. The city seems to suck the life out of it and I didn't notice that till I've just recently experienced some of the changing seasons in our new home in the woods.

Watching our littlest one experience the tree, the lights, the snow, the cookies was delightful. It usually is. You forget from year to year to look at things from a little person's perspective. Perhaps that is why Jesus has a special place in his heart for them. Their innocence and trust in Him without abandon must truly touch the heart of God. I know when those little eyes look to me to comfort, to provide, to care for whatever is the need at hand squeezes at my own heart.

I am so thankful for the gifts and blessings that the Lord has graciously given to me and my family. I think of where we are and what we are experiencing now and I know without a shadow of a doubt that it was the hand of the Lord. I am so glad that He loves us and that He has provided a way for us to be with Him in eternity...through his birth, life, death and resurrection...we can truly live.


Happy New Year!

No comments: