Friday, December 22, 2006

Chocolate: It's A Food Of Love

Today is the day. A day that we have been longing and hoping for....

The new water heater is here.

We came so close to getting a 50 gallon tank but it just won't fit in our little furnace room without tearing out a wall. So for now, I will just look at it while it is sitting in my front yard waiting to go back into the truck when the guy leaves and wonder what it would have been like. I am thankful for the one we have...at least it's not leaking!

The real point of my story is this:

Why is it when we are out in public or if a repair person should come into my home, the children misbehave and act like undisciplined little devils? Can someone help me out here? I'm just at a loss. I often wonder what other people are thinking as they watch.

As I was sitting at the table writing out my list for what I needed to purchase for this weekends feasts, all I hear is whine, whine, whine, crab, crab, crab...Mom, he did this or she did that. And then there was the children jumping on the couch which they know isn't allowed. I finally sent them to their rooms but somehow they interpreted that with go upstairs if you like and keep coming down to inform me of who was doing what wrong.

Finally, after one of their trips down to inform me of just one more thing, I decided to lock myself in the office. Although, they know where I am....the door is closed and I can't see them and I, at this moment today, like it that way.

Sometimes a brief interlude of quiet, is like that commercial with the New York peppermint patties (do you remember those?). Maybe that is what I need here in this office....a stash of chocolate! Now I KNOW what I've been doing wrong all along. I just need a stashing of chocolate in my purse, in the diaper bag and in the office....Oh! and maybe I should keep some in the bathroom......

Thank you for helping me figure out a solution! Since I apparently, with no matter how many consequences, can't seem to tame the pack, I now know what will help me endure the agony. So when you see me out and about or if you could see me at home when repair work is being done....there will be me with my smile and chocolate on my breath :-)

1 comment:

momwithbrownies said...

Oh my Gosh! We are totally in sync with each other today. I had NOT read this before I went out today and even still...

what should I have in my purse to appear? Some chocolaty treats in a tiny bag near!

Now I know why you asked if I had read your blog! LOL