Monday, August 06, 2007

Ode To The Cricket


Oh, Mr. Cricket who sings his song
I'm sorry but I hope it won't be too long
I'm searching high and low
But I can't seem to find you, so you can go....

In my house, I hear you loud and clear
where you are, I'm sure you're near
The kitchen is the place you sing
with unending gusto and zing

You've found the perfect spot
To keep you from becoming a big splot
Why must you refuse to stop
this plan, this evil plot

Shush be quiet, my friend
This insanity must end
It's time to find your way
to somewhere far, far away

Out of my house, you must go
please be fast and not slow
Since you can not be found
I beg you, please, to hush that sound!

7 comments:

momwithbrownies said...

LOL...

Good Luck! :-)

Love your poem. I didn't know you wrote! I want to see more!:-)

Anonymous said...

Love this ode - it's so YOU - compliment the cricket, encourage it politely to leave, call it "friend," two instances of "please" in the last stanza.... so Heather! So nice! :-)

So, did it go?

Peanut Butter Kisses said...

I'm not sure what happened to him. I shut the lights off last night and told Mr. Cricket it was bedtime and we haven't heard him since. Hopefully he escaped to the great outdoors....I'd hate to think he starved to death!

momwithbrownies said...

You are now worried that he starved. LOL

God love you Heather. :-)

Unknown said...

I probally Scared him to death i banged on the wall with the Tongs and said Shut up.. =D
Don't thing he like that.

Susan said...

Your talents are endless

Anonymous said...

I agree with grandma! Your talents are endless