Thursday, November 09, 2006

Creepy Crawly Insects

Grace and I are reading the science chapter on insects. (Psst...this is not my favorite thing to read about!) As we were reading all about the exoskeleton, (let's mention the itching that comes with reading about lice), the molting, the mating and the laying of eggs and lets not forget about one that eats her mate, I remembered reading this with Brad. I started getting panicky after realizing that I still have three kids to go after Grace and I finish. It's like a bad version of the movie 'Birds' by Alfred Hitchcock....it never ends!

Some of you may know of my aversion to bugs. I don't think you realize just how much. Some of you have seen me doing the 'bee dance'. I appreciate you not laughing at me to my face :-) I honestly just can't stand them. As I was reading the chapter today to Grace, I literally began feeling sick to my stomach and the hairs on my arms were standing on end. Grace looked at me and pointed that fact out. As she finished with the hysterics, she suggested maybe we just stop doing this chapter and go on to the next. I was muttering under my breath, that maybe she should just read this stinking chapter on her own.

Since when did our or should I say mine get so sassy? Perhaps the apple really doesn't fall too far from the tree. I always thought that referred to their Father but now that what they are responding with sounds like me...I might have to reconsider my take on that.

It's pretty bad when the kids see a spider crawling across the floor and your three year old runs for a shoe to squish it instead of running to his mother. Then consoling her and assuring her that it is indeed dead.

After pulling myself together, I counted the pages....we only have ten more to go. Pray for me!

1 comment:

momwithbrownies said...

Hee hee hee...