Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Hope For The Future...

My oldest son and I were reading a bit about the holocaust recently. I've read about this all before...back in the day but for some reason as I am now teaching my own children, I have all these thoughts and questions. I keep finding myself saying...I don't remember learning about this before or why didn't it make sense to me back then?

The thing that struck me as we were reading is this. What would have happened if those people who were being taken from their families to concentration camps and others who were killed, banned together and revolted. Why didn't they fight? If only they would have realized that there were more of them then the soldiers who had orders to take them. I believe that they could have changed the outcome of this horrific time in history. But the reality was that they were so beat down and that the fear was so outrageous in their minds, they couldn't. They probably felt outnumbered and that if they did fight, the only outcome would be death.

Which brings me to my real reason for this blog. For a long time I have felt that even though actively participating in my right as an American citizen to vote, I kind of feel beat down. Time after time after time, I go to the voting polls or I send a letter to my senator only to find out at the end of the night, once again the people chose to place someone in office or to pass some legislature that I do not feel has our 'best interest' at heart.

Then I was recently reading an article from Focus on the Family. It states that first that "The faithful act of a lowly shepherd boy made all the difference in Israel that day." That got me to thinking. God takes ordinary people (maybe like me or you) and does extraordinary things. Maybe, just maybe if I pray that God will give me the courage and the wisdom to speak His truths, something could be done to change the ways that some of our politicians think. Because God's ways are higher than our ways, His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. He can change these people's hearts and He can make our voices heard!

So today, I challenge myself and you to start praying that God would give you the wisdom to know how He can use you in the shaping of our government and it's legislature/policies and also the courage and discernment to speak the truth...His truth. Unlike the Jews who were so beat down, discouraged and fearful of the future, we, as Christians in America can ban together and FIGHT for our families....for the unborn, to preserve the right as a parent to educate our children and to protect the right to serve our Lord.

1 comment:

momwithbrownies said...

What a wonderful post.

Kazz and I watched the movie, "Paperclips" together.

It is a heart wrenching, moving documentary about a school in Tennessee that decided to collect paperclips to represent ALL the people who died at the hands of Hitler. I highly recommend it...but only for you and Brad. It's too sad for little ones.