Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Adventure begins...

The social worker that is working with us to foster my cousin's children arrived yesterday afternoon and was given a welcome like most people receive when coming to visit us. The minute she pulled up to the house, Ryan and Aaron were out at her car before I could yell, "no". I'm not sure what all they were telling her but I can only imagine.

The interview went really well and so she is going to recommend that the girls come here. The scheduled date is October 12th but we have to have everything ready to go by the 8th like beds, dressers, etc. So the adventure begins.

It is amazing now that I look back and see how God has moved everything in place that needed placing like giving the opportunity to my Mom to be in a new place so we could have a bedroom for the girls, using the layoff for my husband for us not only to start up a business but to allow him to be here to help with the adjustment, friends that have been a wealth of support and information for my many, many questions. The list goes on and on. Boy, when God wants something done....He takes care of everything down to the tiniest detail!

After, we made the decision to pursue this, God confirmed it in three different places that is just giving me goosebumps thinking about it as I type this. It just makes me speechless. The thing that just keeps running through my head is this....."he only asks if you are available". We are a little concerned about some of the costs that are going to be involved in this adventure but again, God knows all the details and we are trusting and believing that this will be taken care of too.

Stay tuned as the adventure unfolds! We appreciate your prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,

I just wanted you to know that Jeremy and I prayed for you last night, and I prayed for you and your family again this morning, and will commit to doing so regularly as you begin on this journey. James 1:27....you are living this out, and God will fill in the gaps as you step out in faith. Love, Julie

Anonymous said...

What a exciting possibility....

I'm praying for you, my friend - for strength, wisdom, patience and joy!!