Friday, September 28, 2007

Cleaning...

We are busy getting ready for the social worker to come today to do a home study. So I decided I'd better clean. I've got to admit something to you. I hate cleaning. I really hate it. To top it off, it's at the bottom of my list because other things have to come first like schooling our kids, the business and blogging. So needless to say, there is a fair amount of dust that has collected upon layer upon layer of itself.

As I was dusting, (yes, I actually dusted for this appointment), I found my long lost children. Seriously, I actually found the top of my entertainment center. My daughter comes out in the livingroom and says, "Woooooowww, it's beautiful!" I wasn't sure if I should hug her for being so complimentary and encouraging or if I should just stop right there and let her continue the cleaning for being unsympathetic to my inadequacies. Since, I really want it clean, I chose to ignore her comment.

As we continued on, I discovered not only the ceiling fan but the ceiling around it coated in these cute little particles we've become so fond off. Note to self....do not and I repeat, do not dust the entertainment center of anything below the ceiling until after you've dusted the fan blades. Another note to self...do not stand directly under ceiling fan when dusting blades as you will get a nice eyeful of dust.

So now we are mostly done with the cleaning or as much as is going to get done at this point, so I'm going to grab some lunch before I pass out from lack of nourishment. But before I go, I had one last thought....

Recently in the news there was this article on 'Popcorn lung'. It's actually a real disease you can get from inhaling the fumes from the microwave popcorn bag. It got me to thinking that in the cleaning fury that was going on in the house today, I must post a disclaimer on our home. Here it is....

If you enter this home or live in this home shortly after a cleaning storm has occurred, please be aware of the 'dust lung' disease that could occur and has a potential for hazardous breathing. Should you inhale the thick cloud of dust that is lingering in the air, please be advised that a chorus of sneezing will surely clear any further damage to the nostrils, windpipe and lung of such individuals.

1 comment:

HISchild said...

You have the same dust bunnies living on top of your ceiling fan too!?

I am so happy for you guys! Isn't it cool what God does?

Ellen