Monday, March 12, 2007

The Amazing Kara



This afternoon, I heard Grace running for the stairs asking everyone most urgently who helped Kara, who is now ten months old, up the stairs to the landing. Everyone that she interrogated promptly answered that it was not them.

The incident was a little unsettling as she could have fallen down and I wanted to make sure her pesky brothers understood the cause and effect of the whole situation. One by one, I had a little heart to heart with. Again, the same response....it wasn't them. I even made them pinky swear that they were telling the truth....but still, they stuck to their story.

Hmmmm....I thought to myself. Could it possibly be that my little sweet girl who is only ten months old have the ability it climb the stairs herself? So I set out to catch her at her game. I sat on the stairs and called her by name. She came quickly crawling to the stairs and made her way up the landing without much effort. So then I put up a chair to block her from continuing on with her antics but do you know what she did next? She grabbed hold of the chair, brought herself up to the step and began hanging there contemplating her next move to get through the blockade. As she hung there, doing a few chin ups to get her muscles warmed up for leaping on over the chair, she let go landing on her cute little 'petukus' with this wide eyed look of what just happened, mama?

You little sneaky sneaker, I thought to myself. What else do you have up your sleeve to do next that you are keeping hidden from me. Only time will tell because I'm sure she will not give up her secrets!

2 comments:

HISchild said...

Too cute for words!

Isn't it amazing that you can see the wheels turning? Tabula rasa? I think not!

Anonymous said...

Sweet little girl!! She is all about discovery isn't she?