Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It Happened Again!

You all are going to start wondering if I actually watch my children when we are out and about. The answer is a resounding 'yes, I do'! However, they can be here one minute and gone the next. This is the nature of kids, I am finding out.

Today is 'park day' for us. During the nicer weather, our homeschool group schedules Wednesdays to meet at the park and let the kids play while we Mom's get some adult conversation. Well, I say adult conversation loosely...it's usually in between bouts of chasing after kids, pushing them on the swing, kissing hurt fingers, toes and heads, and the occasional, Mom, he pushed me.

The kids had a great time playing and being outside at the park. Aaron found the muddiest mudhole there was in the park and decided to jump in it. After getting after him trying my hardest to get him to understand that mud and the car didn't go hand in hand and that maybe he should find something else to do, I walked to the bench to gather up the coats and say our goodbye's.

As I was finishing up my conversation with the other families that were there, I began to look for Aaron but he was no where to be found. Of course, a bit of panic started settling in. We called for him but no answer. Finally, Brad heard a little cry and started heading in the direction it was coming in. What do you suppose was making that little cry from the very back of the park? A little boy sitting down just waiting for someone to come find him!

I am so glad we found him and that he was just fine other than a little scared. After my marathon type sprint to the very back of the park giving up my love for oxygen, I realize that perhaps I need to up my exercise intake so that I'm trained and ready to fall into Olympic running speed whenever the need arises since this seems to be the 'norm' for us lately.

No comments: