Wednesday, May 02, 2007

It's Kara's Day To Be...ONE!








Kara is now one years old! This year held all kinds of changes for her. She was just a little 'peanut' and now look at her....I believe a friend of ours told me just today that she has some very cute 'tree trunks'...I wouldn't expect anything less from our family genes! I suppose if she reads this when she is older, I'll have to take some flack for sharing that. It's risky business being a Mom.

She is a very happy little girl. She loves to be right in the middle of all the activity. She loves to dance, sing and clap her hands. She loves to kiss. She also loves to push buttons...whether it's the TV, a computer keyboard or if she happened upon the mother-lode of all buttons....the gameboy. I suppose it's too be expected. The four that came before her also have it too!

The day was spent at the park with our homeschool friends. It was quite muddy from raining the day before but that didn't deter our three year old and our five year old from enjoying their time there.
In fact, they found the first mud hole in zero to thirty seconds and visited it quite frequently throughout the afternoon. Our five year old even imagined that it was a slip and slide and was the center of attention when he took a running start and slide head-first into the mud. I suppose I should have made an attempt to put a stop to it but I've learned over the years that it's a lost cause. My kids just love mud. I've resigned myself to it.

If you were wondering how our cupcake disaster turned out, there wasn't much to be done but this is what I came up with. I guess all that matters is that it's chocolate and it has frosting. We've got those two items covered!

With a full day of fun, fun, fun, Miss Kara tuckered out before she could even open her presents. So we will just have to extend her day till tomorrow when she can enjoy her wrapping paper and discover what's underneath it.

Happy First Birthday, Kara!

No comments: