Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Infirmary

I realized this week after days of sickness exhibiting itself in several of the children including half of the parent ratio, that I'm running an infirmary along with a home. All I can say is that it's going to be costly for each child not to mention the rate for a sick husband. I hope they realize this. You may be wondering just how much this facility is charging. That particular amount will be determined upon how much whining, irritableness and clean-up this infirmary nurse has to put up with or clean up.

I just can't imagine being a nurse for real and having to clean up all this foreign matter. It's bad enough when it's your own but somebody totally unrelated....ewe! I suppose it's a gift of mercy which I apparently am lacking in because I lose what little I have when there is either throw up or poop involved. You can ask my husband just how merciful I am when he's down and out. The words 'just snap out of it come to mind' or wah, wah, wah is sarcastically floating in the air along with 'get to work'. Oh wait...maybe you shouldn't ask him. I have an image to keep up!

Seriously, try imagining eight people trying to sit on my lap and me underneath the pile. Breathing my own oxygen is a thing of the past. It's a good thing it's available in excess. Maybe I should plant some trees in my living room just so there will be no question. When our house goes up for sale, we can say it's Eco-friendly. You'd think that maybe a couple plants might be better since space is limited but we do have a bunch of monkey's swinging from the ceiling fan because well....it's winter. I figure the trees might help in more ways than one.

Then I had another thought to help my oxygen intake. I'll hang a sign around my neck and yes, I need to hang it around my neck because wherever I am, they are.

Visiting Hours:

2-3 p.m.
You may ask questions, hug, tap, sit on my lap,
talk to, be needed, seek kissing for boo-boos,
ask for a drink, and just plain ol' breathe my oxygen
only during this time.


3 comments:

HISchild said...

Did you really mean PM? Wouldn't AM provide less of a chance of your having to share your air?!?

Cabin fever is contagious!!

Ellen

momwithbrownies said...

LOL!

Gotta love Lysol Wipes! :-)

momwithbrownies said...

TAG:

http://icantbelievemylife.blogspot.com/2008/01/book-meme.html